Large ruins from the Maldivian Buddhist era may be seen on this island. H. C. P. Bell unearthed the then-ruinous stupa in 1923. This location yielded no interesting results. The stupa had been heavily destroyed and was now little more than a modest pile of debris and sand. Almost all of the engraved porites stones have been taken out. There were little remnants of railings or steps left.